Thứ Hai, 28 tháng 7, 2014

Dress Panes In The Wind

To the dress panes in the wind, let me follow you
While you encase so much longing, don’t run away.
You are on a high pedestal, with hair entwined with remembrances,
My verses climb up softly to share your feelings.

Your eyes harbor a vast dream
My verses upon a visit lose the way out.
Your lips are wildly red in the summer afternoon,
The wind following the dress panes is unsure of inner thoughts.

Remembering your ardent kiss
Along the wind, flying incredulously
At night, I read the verses imperceptibly
To lull my sleep in nostalgia and dream of your lips.

My poem is full of the fragrant buds
The kiss you sent has thrilled the wind
I hastily enclosed it in my hand
But it has escaped, so the wind veers to the countryside.

Without warning, the crimson dress follows the husband’s steps
Hiding inside its seam the traveler’s love.
A sad poem is sung amid red firecrackers on the wedding day
The wind has lost the dress panes to frolic with.

Translated by Binh Nhung
08.02.2003