Thứ Bảy, 26 tháng 7, 2014

I Left Behind The Sunrays In The School Yard

Ever since I vanished from the school yard,
By the patio, are you standing lonely?
Whenever you hear leaves falling softly,
Do you look expectfully through the door?

Ever since my hair was no longer blown by the wind,
Does the blackboard still love the bright colored chalk?
Whenever you erase the homework on the board,
Do you wipe off the sadness on your lips?

Ever since I disappeared on the road back home,
Does your tilted hat still cover your face shyly?
Walking on the long road, do you feel lonesome
Although outside the summer sun shines brightly?

I left behind the sunrays in the school yard
Braving the elements to safeguard the country.
Whenever the school gate closes twice daily,
Do you long for a silhouette on the distant front?

Translated by Binh Nhung

06/22/2003